Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 150
GM Scrub is looking for some advice...

Thread: GM Scrub is looking for some advice...

GM Scrub is looking for some advice...

Well I am starting a Roll20 IKRPG/U Campaign in one or two weeks and prepared already a little in advance, like tokens with facing indicator, maps and a roughly drawn plan on how to start and what the vague goal goal is.
    Right now I asked my players to prepare their PCs and to contact me when thy are working on their Backstory.

Well, so far so good.

The only problem I have is that I am still a little unsure how to manage the group 'cause neither one of us ever played a PnP-RPG before. And only two of us know the universe.

So are there any tips or live hacks, that some of you veterans might know of, for me to utilizes?

Thank you and have a nice day ^^ - Grief

[Danke schön]
    Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds. - Oppenheimer

God does not play dice. - Einstein

...to be continued.

I never ran an IK setting, but general rules, don't be strict yet create in door setting so they don't run eveywhere either.
    Take their input yet you have the final word, find in game way to solve problems, improvise if needed, but that's dangerous, have contingency idea instead.
    So group like loot, some like danger and challenge, other politic, do what they like in the way you want.
    We all do errors, and dice is life and death, bad luck happen and player can die, you can be niceb but don't go out of your way to save them.
    If a boss is too hard, no unplanned Menoth ex warjack (deus ex machimina), just use not the full potential of the boss.

well today we finally started our session... my PC's desperately tried to kill each other... well more like knock the other halve of the group out and steal their stuff... after ending their dispute with some winterguards pointing their guns at my heroes, the players butchered their way through
    ...and looted the poor npcs...

...and the tavern...

really never let a khadoran mechanic and his Vyatka addicted Trollkin friend into a be in khador...

or your encounter grunts in charge range of a transformed tharn blood tracker with hand of fate castes on her...

...to be continued.

the moment you, as a GM, realize, that the Iosan Gunmage/Mage Hunter (Sniper) has an effective attack range of 17'' without magical buffs. And then increasing it by another 5" plus firing 2 rounds of bloody Rune Shots. Each of them having 3-4 different Spells on them including AoE Dmg. And yes, of course he ignores any kind of defense or amoure buffs... cause why not.

He cleared an encounter by himself... 14 dudes... fourteen bloody Khadorans (gralords, winterguards and doomreavers)... I couldn't even use the flamethrowers and rocket launchers T-T

...to be continued.