Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 150
Hordes expansion anyone?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hordes expansion anyone?

Hordes expansion anyone?

We all know Whitemoon Dreams have done a phenomenal job with WARMACHINE: Tactics. I know its too soon to preach, but anyone else here thirsty for a Hordes expansion? Just imagine it as either a standalone game, or a massive DLC to W:T, where you get to take charge of those huge warbeasts we all love, from the OP-as-f*ck Carnivean to the infinitely vicious Titan Gladiator, all of that on the W:T engine. Imagine the potential.

The fury system would simply be reversed focus I.e press run and the focus/fury counter beneath the stat line would fill up etc. And in the maintenance phase, press the '-' on a warbeast's tab to remove fury and stack on your warlock. Frenzied beasts are AI controlled to simply things and make it less biased. In case you get your 'lock twatted in melee after the attack is resolved, the warlock has a chance to transfer the damage to a non-maxed warbeast in his control area.

Character models and animations would be the real mountain WMD would need to climb. Even though they said its on the development path, I reckon with a push, we'll be seeing Dire Trolls throwing Ironclads and Titan Gladiators slamming a Juggernaut's teeth down its throat. Leave any thoughts below =)

Honestly, no. WMD needs to find a way to turn WM:T into a success first. It is certainly not a success right now. It averages less than 40 people online at any given point in time. That's truly pathetic for a game that gathered $1.5m from 20,000 Kickstarter backers.

Despite the "release" tag, it is still a beta product. It's too early to call it a failure yet - and thus there's still time to turn it into a success. But that window is rapidly shrinking. They shot themselves in the foot by releasing way before the game was ready. Many people tried it, found the gameplay to be buggy/bad and left. And those who stayed will only put up with an unfinished product for so long.

They really really really need to get this game into a release state as soon as humanly possible and then do something huge to convince people to give the game another shake. WM:T will live or die by its reviews on Steam and the word of mouth spoken in a thousand LGSs. Currently, the word is not good. They need to fix that right now.

The recent announcement that they are going to focus on squashing bugs and improving playablity instead of releasing models was probably a good call. If the game is good, people will wait for the models. But if the game is bad, no one will play it regardless of how many models there are.

I just hope it's not too little too late. If they can't make Warmachine a success there will be no Hordes.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 03-06-2015 at 12:50 PM.

As I understand it, WMD has really done nothing to promote the game because it is not in a "release state." They want to make sure the game is as good as they can make it before they start a big marketing push. And that is what this delay in new model releases are about.

Back to the OP. Do I want Hordes: Tactics? Hell yes. But the best way to get that to become a reality is to make Warmachine: Tactics an outright success. I think the next couple of months are going to mean a lot towards that goal.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for just one night. Set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.
    Hail Menoth!!

No thank you.
    I'd rather see a new game that do the TT more justice

Yes I want hordes, but not before WM:T is finished and not at the expense of fleshing out the models available for the existing factions.
    BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER

Promotion is a pretty irrelevant topic for a game like this. I would assume their marketing budget is next to nothing. It's not like they're going to be buying up ad time or publishing print in magazines. The only marketing this game will ever see is a bit of social media and perhaps some (badly needed) love from PP.

Like I said, reviews and word of mouth is the majority of the promotion this game will get. And, right now, they're blowing that badly. I have no idea how (or even if) it's possible, but righting that ship is the only chance they have.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 03-06-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malllevolent View Post
    No thank you.
    I'd rather see a new game that do the TT more justice
    Ignoring the terrible grammar, I have no idea what you are talking about. If you want it to be exactly like the TT, go play Vassal, or visit your LGS. This game more than does justice to the TT. I think so. Privateer Press thinks so. But hey, can't please everyone. Sorry you feel that way.

As for promotion, of course it is relevant. Forgive me if you have some sort of degree in Marketing, but there are obvious avenues that have not been taken yet. How many YouTubers have you seen cover this game? How many online ads have you seen for this game? How many "invite your friends and you get X and they get Y" have you seen?

Promotion irrelevant? Come on.
    Last edited by RomanKar; 03-06-2015 at 03:45 PM.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for just one night. Set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.
    Hail Menoth!!

Quote Originally Posted by RomanKar View Post
    Ignoring the terrible grammer
    "Grammer" is not a word. This is why I generally avoid correcting people online. You're pretty much guaranteed to make a mistake of your own and look dumb.

It's one of those things where you're just begging for a double bitch-slap from twin sisters Murphy and Karma.

As for promotion, of course it is relevant. Forgive me if you have some sort of degree in Marketing, but there are obvious avenues that have not been taken yet. How many YouTubers have you seen cover this game? How many online ads have you seen for this game? How many "invite your friends and you get X and they get Y" have you seen?

Promotion irrelevant? Come on.
    I mentioned social media, did I not? So I agree that your first and third suggestions are things we may see. Your second mention will never happen. Have you ever, in your entire internet career seen an online ad for a Steam game of this size? The only Steam games I've ever seen advertised are large, cross-platform titles. And those are always like, "Hey! Buy this on your X-Box! Or, your know... Steam too if that's your thing."

Big ad campaigns are just not how Steam works. It works on word of mouth and peer review.

So my point, as I mentioned, is that the marketing that matters for this game is found in the Steam reviews section and on the lips of gamers as they stand over Warmachine tables at their LGSs. And, phrased as politely as possible, this is an area that needs some work.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 03-06-2015 at 02:15 PM.

"Grammer" is not a word.
    I don't know what you are talking about. *whistles and walks away*
    Hail Menoth!!

English isn't everyone's first language so it's silly to be commenting on grammar in the first place...
    BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast