Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 150

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Anyone here still play Skyrim on PC? Working on a mod, might interest you!

Thread: Anyone here still play Skyrim on PC? Working on a mod, might interest you!

Anyone here still play Skyrim on PC? Working on a mod, might interest you!

So yeah, basically, I'm kind of preparing for my internship with WMD, which is coming up in August. During this period I'll sort of be doing two things, switching between coding stuff and animating stuff in a 3D tool. Now, I come purely from a coding background, and I have little to no experience in 3D modeling and animation at this point, so I thought it might be a good idea to get my feet on the ground in that field!

How am I going to be doing this, you ask? Well, I have decided to try to bring some of the most iconic weapons and armors from Iron Kingdoms into Skyrim, and of course all of this will require quite a bit of work in modeling and animating, so it'll be good practice.

I will be using this thread to track and show my progress as I fumble around blindly for the first time in 3D modeling, and I have included the first progress pictures below!

Nice! Prioritize Lola, that's what WMD would want from an intern. :P
    BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER BUTCHER

Lola is definitely the most badass weapon in the Iron Kingdoms (Aside from Wyrmbane, of course) :P But there's a lot more reference material for Stryker's Quicksilver MKI, which is what I'm working on right now.

Here's a picture of my progress this afternoon. I have a day off tomorrow, so I might actually get far enough to try my hand at texturing the thing tomorrow. This is a lot more fun than I had anticipated! And I didn't doubt I'd have a good time.

CURSE YOU! I HAD MANAGED TO MOVE ON AND NOW YOU'RE SUCKING ME BACK IN!

. . .

I don't know if I can escape a second time. So many mods....

Oh man, if you've been gone from the modded Skyrim scene for some time, you don't even know half of it. It's crazy out there!

I decided that since this is my first time doing 3D modeling, I'm fine with how it looks now, model-wise. Also, texturing is really frickin hard.

It's been a long time since I updated this, but apartment hunting in a country you don't even live in is kinda hard and has taken the most of my time for the last couple of weeks. I got the hang of simple texturing, though, and here you can see the result. Now to figure out the next step so I can get this done for you guys (And for me).

This looks pretty sweet!

Can you also do a mod to get rid of spiders?

Nah man, I love spiders, so I won't remove them

Try this mod instead, it replaces all spiders with bears and all Chaurus with Skeevers: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26468/?