Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 150
What is everyone's main faction(s) on the table? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is everyone's main faction(s) on the table?

Cygnar player. During Mk1 I wrote an 11 page treatise on Haley2. Haven't played on the table in 2-3 years...

I play the Rhulfolk, Convergence, Menoth, Retribution almost evenly often (did not mention my Hordes stuff...). The Retribution is nice against Cryx and the Legion, but against Khador they have a hard time scratching those Khadoran Armor plates. Rhul is a solid wall against everything, Menoth is a nice synergy using faction, like the Convergence.

I play Retribution almost exclusively. I played Menoth in MK1 when Warmachine first released but moved to Ret when they first came out.

I really want to pick up Convergence though. I love the intricacy and interactivity their lists bring. ^,^

Quote Originally Posted by Ankasoft View Post
    The Retribution is nice against Cryx and the Legion, but against Khador they have a hard time scratching those Khadoran Armor plates.
    Ret has some nice options vs Cryx, yea. But Legion causes some issues competitively. Mostly from eLylyth. Generally the answer is to use eVyros but being a large base and the amount of firepower she can bring to bear, it's not exactly a sure win. Force Wall is proving to be very good against her though.

Cracking armour is actually something Ret can do very well if you build for it. Halberds + UA hit like trucks, as do Sentinals. Plus we have many great speed boosters and delivery systems. Then there is Ossyan. It's his specialty.

That's what I've been finding with Ret, they specialize very well and can build for anything you want. But you need to be very aware of where your weaknesses are. Only until recently with Force Wall, I've never had many lists which I can very comfortably drop against anything and not ever be in a major uphill battle.

What are you dropping that's struggling to crack armour if I may ask?

I mostly play with Ossyan and 2 or 3 Heavies and a Warengine plus some mechanics and assassins. The setup varies (sometimes i use the wurm from hordes etc.). Or i play a "magic" setup with many mages (solos and units) etc. That is where i have the most problems with khador, when i don't field many myrmidons and have only around pow 12 dmg rolls, mostly.

Do you take the mages with Rahn? That atleast gives you a turn where they will hit considerably harder.

Also try looking at Kaelyssa's Force Wall. It's a good theme list that allows you to take multiple heavies and the only units you're allowed to take are mages so you kinda get the best of both worlds

Yep, with Rahn. Haven't played with Kaelyssa yet...

WHEN I played on the Tabletop it was Trollbloods in MK1, Khador in MK2. I also dabbled in MK1 with Cygnar (shudder) and Cryx in MK2 (hehe)

But I dont do TT anymore.

Cygnar's my first faction. I now main Skorne.

I play Talion Charter (Shae and Fiona) and Four Star (Magnus the Traitor), and I'm looking to expand to Highborn with Constance Blaize and Ashlynn. I never identified with a main faction very much, but I do like certain things about each of them. It wasn't until I could play a bunch of Pirates that I chose to buy into the game.

I am thinking about picking a HORDES faction in the future but I have hangups. I will love a faction's warbeasts and dislike the units and solos or the other way around, or like a faction thematically and dislike every single one of their warlocks. And then there's the Legion of Everblight.

I play Khador. I have for a couple of years now. They are still too much fun. I think the only casters I don't have are pVlad and pIrusk, but I'm certain I'll pick them up soon. I've never met a Khadoran caster, jack, unit or solo I didn't like.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast